Notice of Good Faith Estimate
Notice to clients and prospective clients:
Under the law, health care providers need to give clients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for medical services, including psychotherapy services.
You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services, including psychotherapy services.
You can ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service, or at any time during treatment.
If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, or how to dispute a bill, see your Estimate, or visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises.
- Currently, I am not accepting any medical insurances in my private practice, but if you have insurance, I am contracted with Path Mental Health (see next section.)
- Despite the benefit of assisting with the costs of therapy, medical insurance often restricts the number of sessions available per year.
- Or has requirements that limit therapeutic services (i.e., requiring a “billable” mental health diagnosis) if even are working on self-improvement.
Path Mental Health
(Most Insurance Accepted)
- From the Path FAQs, “Path works with most major insurances including Aetna, Anthem, Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, Cigna, Humana, Optum, Oscar and United Healthcare. Path can also work with some employer-based plans not listed, and can bill your insurance for out of network coverage as well. Path does not currently accept Medicaid or Medicare plans, though they hope to in the future.”
- As of 2/8/2022, I am credentialed with Anthem, Aetna, Cigna, and Optum.
- Note: If your insurance has a co-pay for therapy services, you will have to pay the co-pay to Path.
- Once you sign up, request
“Dominic Ong LMFT” as your provider.
- Individual Therapy (~50 minutes) is $130.00 USD.
- Couples/Family Therapy (~50 minutes) is $175.00 USD.
- Increased session such as ~75 – 90 minutes must be arranged in advance.
- EMDR Therapy (~75 minutes) is $150.00 USD.
Fees are payable at the time that services are rendered.
If you do not provide your therapist with at least 24 hours advance notice for a missed session, you are responsible for payment for the missed session.
If you find that you are unable to continue paying for your therapy, please inform your therapist.
Ways to Send Payment
- I accept payments through multiple sources, please ask if you have questions.
- I also accept payments through the website.
- Information regarding fees will be exchanged through private, secure means to ensure confidentiality.